Motorhead Events presents ArenaCross action at the Claremore Expo Center December 13 & 14! For advance tickets call the Expo Center at (918) 342-5357 or go online www.motorheadevents.com!
Claremore Expo Center Events
December 13, 2014
January 24, 2015
It’s not just Demolition Derby, it’s the Mad Dog Demolition Derby! Come see the metal crushing car-smashing Hero’s of the Mad Dog Derby Tour doing battle January 24, 2015. You’ll see Mini car derby, Ned Dirt the racing clown, Figure 8 racing , Hornet car circle track racing, Full-size Derby mayhem and that’s not all, new this year, Mower Derby.
Enjoy a track party from 6:15-7:15; open to all paid ticket holders! Demo derby action begins at 7:30 pm. For tickets visit the Expo Center or www.motorheadevents.com!
February 7, 2015
Come out for the Rogers County Spring Fair Livestock Show on Saturday, February 7!
Show includes: cattle, swine, sheep, goats & rabbits.
Starts at 9 am at the Claremore Expo Center!
February 21, 2015
The Rogers County Spring Fair Horse Show will be at the Claremore Expo Center February 21 and 22!
March 10, 2015
Support the Claremore FFA program at their annual Calf Fry & Auction Tuesday, March 10! It starts at 6 pm at the Claremore Expo Center.
Dinner is $10 and includes calf fries, brisket, potato, salad, dessert, drinks.
March 13, 2015
Green Country Hamfest Radio Convention – Hamfests are events organized by amateur radio enthusiasts, for social gathering and promotion of the amateur radio hobby.
March 27, 2015
Come see a prestigious AKC dog show at the Expo Center with competitors from across the country!
April 10, 2015
Rogers County Home & Garden, Farm & Ranch Show features landscaping, outdoor living, remodeling and more! Everything you need to get ready for the upcoming year under one roof!
Admission: $5; children 12 & under free!
April 24, 2015
Two nights of exciting fun! Working Cowboys Ranch Association sanctioned ranch rodeo…. watch cowboys and cowgirls compete towards the WCRA Finals!
Performances at 7 pm Friday night and 6 pm Saturday night; Tickets available for purchase at the Claremore Expo Center.
Junior Ranch Rodeo Saturday morning at 11 am; tickets are $5 at the door.
Great tradeshow Friday 3-10 pm, Saturday 9 am-10 pm; no ticket needed to get in!
Visit Shepherd’s Cross for a great family event April 24 and 25!
- Walk through the barn and observe the shepherds and shepherdesses shearing. This is the real
thing! This is not a speed competition, but the work of a real working shepherd.
- Watch as the wool is shorn from the sheep (a simple hair cut!), and is made in to usable products - a shawl or other wool product - right before your eyes - washed, spun, and woven.
- Please Note: Even in the event of rain, Woolly Weekend will proceed in the tour barn.
- Demonstrations throughout the day on spinning wheels, carding, weaving on looms, felting, drop
spindling, picking wool, broomstick lace and much more!
- A professional caterer will be offering samples of our 100% natural grass fed lamb meat. We have
been practicing sustainable agriculture for many years.
- Educational Farm Museum - upstairs in the gambrel roof barn
- The best time to observe is early in the morning(shearing begins at 10 am), when it is still cool, or later in the evening when the sun goes down. Shearing is hard work and the cooler times are easier on the sheep and the shearer. Come when it is convenient for you. A sheep is shorn, and the process is repeated about every 30 minutes. Spend the day or a simply an hour or two.
- Children’s Activities - including wool sheep making, felting, weaving, games & coloring
- The Bible Garden will be open for mini-tours - with tour guide every 30 minutes - or as a self
- Farm Animal Area - pet the baby lambs, goats, pony, donkey, & goats. See the new hatched chicks.
- Shepherd’s Shop - offers a great collection of woolly, hand crafts, farm fresh meat & food. Many
items are hand crafted by local artisans; we are a Made in Oklahoma company.
- Sheep to Shawl: Within 36 hours we will create 3 shawls from the first shorn wool on Friday morning.
- Short Course Fiber Classes - learn drop spindling 2:00 – 2:30 , needle felting 4:30 – 5:00 or
broomstick lace 10:30 – 11:00 at this event. Both days. Please call or email to pre-register.